Friday, February 10, 2012

02.10.12 Grandpa

I have so many mixed emotions about the past couple of days. My sweet grandpa passed away on Wednesday and even though I miss him so much I am very grateful that he is not hurting anymore. He and my grandma have had a tough year. Grandpa had a stroke last April and it was down hill from there with two heart attacks and pneumonia. It was so hard to watch him go through his stroke; he has always been so active and all of the things he loved to do he couldn't do anymore. These pictures where taken just a few days before his stroke and this is how I will always remember him.


It gives me peace to know that he is not suffering anymore. My heart breaks for my grandma. I am glad that I live close to her so that I can be there for her. I just love them both so much, they have done so much for me and my sisters. I hope that I can give back to them at least a little of what they have done for me. We have everything pretty much ready for the funeral. The program is made; Nikki and I are singing Be Still My Soul and I am kind of crazy nervous about that. My throat has been itchy and I'm just praying I'm not getting what the men in my house have, plus I'll probably be balling my eyeballs out so it might be interesting. Maybe the combination of the two will make me sound like Celine Dione. Here's hoping. Yesterday we picked out his casket and today we went through pictures and planned the display for the viewing. My dad came down from Salt Lake and it was nice to have us (my dad and sisters) all together. I really do miss him. I feel like we have fallen apart over the years with the obstacles that we've had and I feel like this was grandpa's way of helping us come back together. I hope grandpa can help dad from the other side. I think he is starting to. I have hope.
Grandpa passed away at 6:22am on Wednesday. Grandma said that before he went he took three big breaths and then she felt really peaceful. I am glad that he was in his home and that Grandma was next to him. Times like these really make you thankful for the gospel and eternal families.

Most of the day I spent with Grandma except for a few hours in the afternoon. I went home and Linc and I went on a drive. He was crazy ornery because he was tired and he didn't feel good. I knew he would fall asleep in the car and a drive up the canyon was exactly what I needed. It was comforting to drive through and remember all the great memories my family has had there.
Snagged a picture of the temple on the way up. Grandpa's mom actually passed away there while they were doing a session. I always thought that was so neat.













We've had a lot of love and support from people. My sweet friend Kacy brought this by which was so thoughtful. I'm so glad I have great friends. Love ya Kace.




I'll end on a happier note with some pics of the boys in the tub this afternoon. I know what you are thinking...more pictures of your kids in the tub? didn't you just take about a billion the other day? Yes. Yes I did. It's just so easy because they are confined to one place. :)


No comments: