Sunday, September 9, 2012

9.09.12 memories

A few days ago my sister and I decided to take the boys and go for a drive up the canyon, a favorite pass time of ours. We planned to meet at Grandma's house. When the boys and I got there Nikki hadn't arrived yet so I let the boys out to run around. It's kind of crazy how you can go to a place hundreds of times and not even think twice about out. This time, while I watched my wee ones play, childhood memories came flooding in. I lived at my Grandma's a good portion of my younger years so there are lots. Talks with grandma on the bench, learning to ride my bike, slip and slide on the "huge" hill on the side of the house, secret hide outs, phase 10, cereal before bed, sliding down the stars with sleeping bags, THE water fight of the century INSIDE the house (michele and I used hair dryers to try and dry the carpet before anyone came home), Grandpa waking at me up at 5am telling me that Nikki was born, the sound of the train, morethensmall books, Grandpa's "hello birdie!" when I walked in the door, my first back handspring done in the living room, my grandparents watching Jeopardy while we eat dinner, sunsets on the back porch, bread and butter, grandma's flower garden, snap dragons and honey suckles to name a few. So while we waited for Nik I pulled out my camera so I can save a few of these memories I take for granted.
The canyon. We pulled over for about 5 minutes. Linc strongly insisted that he wear his roller-skates in the car, so when we all got out and he discovered that roller-skates where not wilderness friendly (as a wise mother said they wouldn't be) he opted to go barefoot. Luckily there was a giant rock for him to hang out on for a few minutes.
Nikki let me snap a few of her.

No comments: